Modifications Committee Meeting Agendas:
Find a modified version of Modifications Committee meeting agendas on the Documents page in the Owner Access section.
Modification Applications must be submitted by the first Monday of each month. Modifications Committee meetings are held on the second Monday of each month. Applications submitted after the first Monday of the month will be placed on the agenda for the following month.
- Complete an application form. The Modifications Application Form is attached. You may also pick up this form at the Avenel Community Association offices located at:
9501 Beman Woods Way
Potomac, Maryland 20854
- Read your homeowner's manual and this manual for a full understanding of the architectural guidelines and architectural review process.
- Develop your plan in writing (consider the impact on your neighbors).
- Submit the completed application and all required plans and specifications, as clearly and thoroughly as possible, to the Avenel Community Association (address noted above).
- Your application will be processed by the Modifications Committee on a first-come first-served basis.
- A staff member of the Avenel Community Association will review your application to determine if the information provided is sufficient for the Modifications Committee to be able to review it. If not, you will be asked to provide additional information.
- The completed application is then forwarded to the members of the Modifications Committee for their consideration and response.
- The Modifications Committee will provide you with their written response (approval, disapproval, approval with conditions or current status) through regular mail within sixty (60) days after the full and complete application package has been received.
- If an application for review is rejected, the applicant is free to request that the Modifications Committee reconsider its position and may present new or additional information, which might clarify the request or demonstrate its acceptability.
- All changes, alterations, or modifications approved by the Modifications Committee shall be completed in accordance with the approved plans within a period of six (6) months from their commencement. The commencement of the work shall occur within three (3) months after approval by the Modifications Committee.
- Approvals of Modifications that have not been completed within one year from the date of approval are considered null and void and owners must reapply for approval of the modification.
Please provide detailed information for all proposed modifications, alterations, and improvements on your lot. Be sure to include color, material, design, dimensions, layout, landscaping, and any other details which might clarify your proposal for the Modifications Committee. Submissions for structures of any type must include "to-scale" drawings and a property site-plan showing the proposed improvements in relation to property lines.
Drawings should be submitted on paper, no larger than 11 x 17. Larger sized drawings will need to be submitted with 12 copies.
Attach the detailed sketches, architectural plans, etc. to this application form and submit the completed application to: Modifications Committee, via Avenel Community Association, 9501 Beman Woods, Potomac, MD 20854 or fax to (301) 299-7169.